Ninjas Need Holding Power!
We are proud sponsors of American Ninja Warrior athlete Brian Arnold! Here are some training tips we have for aspiring ninjas.
Ninjas need holding power! Using grippers to train your crush:
Ideally you need a warm-up, working and challenge gripper. Our example uses the HG150, HG200 and HG250, but there are other strengths. Get HG (Heavy Grips) grippers here >
Suggested Exercises and Gym Tips
- Warm-up gripper (HG150) for sets and reps, such as 3 sets of 10.
- Working gripper (HG200) for timed holds. Pinch anything (quarter, pen, playing card) between the handles and try to keep it from falling. Do about 5 holds for 10-20 seconds each.
- Challenge gripper (HG250) for max crush attempts. Give it hell and try to make the handles touch. (If they don’t touch, then it’s not closed!)
- Chalk helps everything. Apply climbing chalk liberally.
- Use a small towel with any pulling motion in the gym, such as pull-ups, any cable machine or farmer’s walks.